Jesse Reese :: Software Engineer
I’m a full stack software engineer with 9+ years in web development, utilizing a wide array of web technologies. As well as constantly seeking out emergent open source technologies.
Client-side: Angular 2/4, Typescript, NodeJS, ExpressJS, React, HTML5, CSS3
Server-side: OOP PHP5.6+, PHPUnit, MySQL, Composer, Puppet, Bash
Frameworks: Symfony2, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Drupal, WordPress (Theme + Plugin)
Development Tools: Macbook Pro, Sublime, VSCode or PhpStorm, Vagrant
Version control: GIT
Deployment & CDN: AWS, EC2, S3, Docker
I also have experience in systems administration (SysOps), various Microsoft + Linux server technologies, network architecture, and virtualization.
- Architecting, developing, and deploying internal and external enterprise software solutions
- Contract – Architecting, developing, and deploying specific internal tools.
- Implement various components within the live system.
- Develop new functionality based on requirements from Product.
- Refactor and optimize various components within their Drupal based CMS.
- Develop new functionality (Module & Theme) based on requirements from Editorial and Product.
- Developed a system that emailed notifications to customers with credit cards that had or were about to expire.
- Heavily refactored and simplified the system that generated web performance reports for the company’s partners.
- Developed an open source REST API client for customers.
- Maintained the company REST API, customer-facing admin site and all web-based internal applications.
- Architected, built and maintained the Network infrastructure for 80 users.
- Worked on various projects with Web Instinct (Saratoga NY) and SurfMyAds.com (Santa Monica CA).
- Custom theme/plugin development within Codeigniter, Concrete5 and WordPress.