Jesse Reese :: Software Engineer
I’m a highly motivated, self-taught engineer with a passion for the web.
I have 7 years of professional experience primarily within the LAMP/LEMP stack and other emergent open source technologies.
I also have experience in frontend development MEAN stack, and systems administration (SysOps).
- Contract – Architecting, developing, and deploying specific internal tools.
- Implement various components within the live system.
- Develop new functionality based on requirements from Product.
- Refactor and optimize various components within their Drupal based CMS.
- Develop new functionality (Module & Theme) based on requirements from Editorial and Product.
- Developed a system that emailed notifications to customers with credit cards that had or were about to expire.
- Heavily refactored and simplified the system that generated web performance reports for the company’s partners.
- Developed an open source REST API client for customers.
- Maintained the company REST API, customer-facing admin site and all web-based internal applications.
- Architected, built and maintained the Network infrastructure for 80 users.
- Worked on various projects with Web Instinct (Saratoga NY) and SurfMyAds.com (Santa Monica CA).
- Custom theme/plugin development within Codeigniter, Concrete5 and WordPress.